We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a diligent Psychologist to join our multi-disciplinary team at IHMS Villawood on a full time basis. This is a Monday – Friday position working 38hrs/week from 0800 – 1600hrs with no weekend or on-call requirements.
- Conduct psychological assessment and risk profiling for clients in detention
- Develop individual care plans and provide therapeutic interventions (both individual and group)
- Provide urgent triage in times of crisis
- Ensure clinical notes/report are documented in an accurate and timely manner
- Liaising with clinicians within a multi-disciplinary team
- Degree qualifications in Psychology or Behavioural Science
- Full General Registration with AHPRA
- At least 3 years relevant post registration mental health experience
- Previous experience in a detention or correctional setting is advantageous
- Knowledge and experience of working with culturally diverse client groups
International Health and Medical Services (IHMS) provides health care for people in immigration detention throughout Australia. We do this in line with Australian standards for health services and with the RACGP Standards for health services in Australian immigration detention centres.