At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 500 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is an inclusive, child safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
Centacare, as the lead agency of a consortium-based model, is responsible for operating the headspace Port Adelaide program. headspace is Australia's National Youth Mental Health Foundation. The headspace mission is to improve the mental health, social wellbeing and economic participation of young Australians aged 12-25.
Working in a multidisciplinary team, the Youth Mental Health Clinician will provide psychosocial assessment, suicide risk assessment and management, and evidence-based mental health counselling interventions to young people with mild to moderate mental health concerns. Some key outcomes will include:
- Improving youth mental health and well-being through psychological therapies
- Working in a community setting to help reduce the need for young people to access acute mental health care such as hospital emergency departments
- Working in partnership with the youth mental health sector to create a joined-up mental health system for young people
You must be one of the following:
- Psychologist who holds general registration or who has an area of practice endorsement
- OR a Social Worker who has membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) and is certified by AASW as meeting the standards for mental health set out in the document published by AASW titled ‘Practice Standards for Mental Health Social Workers’, as in force on 8 November 2008
- OR an Occupational Therapist with Better Access to Mental Health (BAMH) endorsement
- OR a Registered Nurse with additional qualifications in mental health
- OR be eligible for the above and commit to achieving the appropriate accreditation/registration/endorsement within the first 12 weeks of employment
- You must hold a Department of Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check (previously known as Child-Related Employment Screening Clearance)
Our Culture and Benefits
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of this position as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application please click here to go to the career page on our website.
We encourage applications from ATSI, CALD, and LGBTQI applicants, applicants with lived experience of mental health concerns, and/or applicants with lived experience of caring for someone with a mental health concern.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Stacey Roy, Manager headspace, on 08 8215 6340.