Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner - NDIS
Multicap - Eight Mile Plains
- High needs disability organisation
- Opportunity to work for one of the top non-for-profit organisations throughout Queensland and Northern New South Wales
- Rewarding environment with opportunities for learning and career growth
- Based at Eight Mile Plains
Operating for almost 60 years, Multicap is one of the most highly regarded disability service providers in Queensland and northern New South Wales offering individual and group activities, supported employment, short-term accommodation (respite), social support and much more. Our sole purpose is to ensure that the quality of life of people living with disability and their families is enhanced by our support.
At Multicap we believe everyone deserves to live life to the full. Our highly skilled and diverse team of over 1100 skilled professionals are dedicated to helping our customers get the most out of life.
With each new home, social experience, activity, community hub and job, Multicap is an organisation that is here for our customers in all ways, always.
About the role
As our Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner, your role will be to deliver high level, evidenced based clinical advice and professional information to persons living with a disability, families, staff & managers. Through applying evidence based approaches the position will reduce the impact of challenging behaviour across the organisation by also demonstrating an application of your professional discipline within the context of contemporary behaviour support literature. This is a Permanent, full-time.
Role requirements may include, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide discipline specific advice and quality assurance to other Multicap staff.
- Undertake relevant assessments to identify causal factors of challenging behaviour in order to establish effective strategies and plans that address the behaviour and enhance the quality of life for the individual.
- Provide coaching, modelling and support to stakeholders including but not limited to families, support workers, and managers to ensure support relevant parties are competent in the implementation of support strategies and aware of their responsibilities and how to effectively implement the plan.
- Implement, capture and analyse data in order to monitor the plan’s effectiveness, review challenging behaviour and make any changes where required.
- Meet operational, clinical, legal and financial performance targets.
- Attend relevant tribunals in order to meet legislative requirements, incorporate outcomes into plans and present any risks and/or benefits associated with Multicap providing support.
- Degree qualified in allied health or social and behavioural sciences
- Well-developed knowledge of person-centred approaches
- Experience and knowledge of challenging behaviour and intellectual disability
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating the provision of support to persons living with a disability and their families and support networks
- Knowledge of the State Disability Services Act and National Quality and Safeguards Framework as they apply to restrictive practices, and demonstrated experience in utilising positive behaviour support to develop and implement behaviour support plans is desirable
The successful applicant will:
- Have high level interpersonal skills and experience supporting people in situations of high emotions
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal and communication skills to develop relationships with team members and stakeholders and deal with issues of a sensitive nature
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills to ensure clear and concise information is presented to the team, Regional Manager and other stakeholders
- Demonstrate problem solving skills to successfully identify problems, develop solutions and implement these using a logical and systematic approach
- Hold a current QLD Drivers Licence (mandatory)
- Hold a current blue (working with children) and yellow (positive notice card) or be willing to obtain one
- Be willing to undertake and pass a criminal history clearance
- Experience in the discipline of service Provision
- Post graduate qualifications in allied health or social or behavioural sciences and or professional registration;
- Experience working with persons with intellectual disability with high and complex needs.
Please note some interstate travel may be required.
Please note that the successful applicant will be required to hold or be willing to obtain a positive notice from Disability Services (Yellow Card), Working with Children Check (Blue card) and in some circumstances National Criminal History check. You must also have NDIS Worker Orientation certificate completed and please login to https://training.ndiscommission.gov.au/ if you haven't obtained the certificate already.
Salary sacrifice + Meal entertainment
Attractive Salary packaging including $15,900 packaging limit per FBT year (1 April- 31 March) and $2,550 per year for meals and entertainment expenses.
The position will close on the 23th of February 2019 at 4pm. Please ensure you attach a resume cover letter detailing why you would be a great addition to the Multicap team!
To find out more about Multicap, visit www.multicap.org.au