Grade 3 | Adult Inpatient Mental Health | Box Hill Hospital
- Do you want to work for a brand new AOD/MH integrated service delivery model?
- Are you a passionate, compassionate and dedicated clinician?
- Work close to home, schools, shops and public transport in Box Hill
About Eastern Health
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We are a values-based organisation committed to research and teaching, and have strong affiliations with Australia’s top universities. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
Applications are being sought from suitably qualified and skilled psychologists with alcohol and other drug (AOD), and mental health (MH) backgrounds.
At Eastern Health, we’re excited to announce we’re rolling out a new service delivery model, an integrated unit that will incorporate support for AOD and MH consumers. It is the first of its kind in Victoria.
- Ideally suit those with dual diagnosis capability and who would bring ideas, enthusiasm, passion and an ethos of patient-centred care to the new team.
- 1 East at Box Hill Hospital is a lower acuity mental health inpatient unit colocated with 8 detox and withdrawal beds.
- A new allied health team will work with MH consumers and may be required to provide support to AOD consumers.
- They will report to the NUM, who will report to Mental Health Director of Nursing.
- Psychology professional governance will be provided through the EH Psychology professional structure and senior leadership.
Service delivery is scheduled to commence late May 2020.
What you need
- Formal recognition of registration as a Psychologist by the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA). (essential)
- Formal recognition of registration endorsement in the Approved Area of Practice of Clinical Psychology. (essential)
- Eligibility for membership of the College of Clinical Psychologists of the Australian Psychological Society.(essential)
- Hold approved Supervisor status with AHPRA or working towards.(essential)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a qualified/fully registered Psychologist. (essential)
- Dual diagnosis experience within Australia (desirable)
- An empathetic and personable demeanour
- A strong commitment to high quality recovery focussed care
- The ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Work for a values-based organisation
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you have the ability and drive to make a difference take hold of this opportunity and apply today!
For full details refer to the attached Position Description and direct all enquiries to the contact person listed.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory police records check.
You must have the right to permanently live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Please submit all applications online via the following link: https://eh.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?id=1aQ/4qMvr4k=&jbc=ere
Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First: Agility: Humility: Respect: Kindness: Excellence