- Clinician FT and 12mth F/T position available
- Full Time Fixed Term position,80 hours per fortnight including ADO
- Located at the newly built Melton Health and Community Services centre
Life with Us:
The Mid West Outer Community Team are a welcoming and supportive diverse group of multi-disciplinary clinicians who value the specific contributions of nurses to the treatment of our consumers. You will have the opportunity to work with clients with a severe mental illness from diverse backgrounds with complex needs in the rapid growing Shire of Melton. We have relocated and settled into a multi service purpose built health centre where you have the opportunity to alongside Community health and mental health workers, family services and D&A workers.
A Job to Be Proud Of:
- Support recovery oriented assessment and interventions in collaboration with consumers/ carers/families.
- Assist in the provision of primary, secondary and tertiary consultation services, community development and education, liaison and linkage to other agencies that also provide support to people with mental illnesses as required.
- Ensure all client centred activities are accurately documented in the appropriate format within the clinical patient file in a timely manner.
- Work in collaboration with your multi-disciplinary mental health team
- Provide intensive support to clients in the clinic and their home environment with a focus on medication support and administration within individualised recovery and wellness plans
- Hold a relevant qualification, and display demonstrated skills and experience in the principles and practice of working with people presenting mental health issues, especially in a community setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with consumers, families/carers, colleagues and other service providers
- Advanced knowledge of relevant evidence based treatment models and interventions for high and low prevalence psychiatric illnesses
- Advanced knowledge of current medications, side effects and ability to administer and supervise medications for clients with complex needs and from diverse backgrounds
Our Commitment to You:
- Become part of the large NWMH Nursing workforce and the MWAMHS Outer Community Team with a well-established and cohesive nursing leadership group
- NWMH boasts a sophisticated learning structure and we pride ourselves on supporting continuing professional development.
- We are a values based organisation. A career with us is a rewarding experience, offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement
- Attractive salary and working conditions including annual and CPD leave, salary packaging
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; staff health service, peer support program and EAP
- Reward & Recognition Programs
Connect With Us:
Get to know us at www.nwmh.org.au.
Melbourne Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
Join us to be the first in Care, Research and Learning
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.