Clinical Psychologist - Women's Mental Health
Ongoing Position - Grade 3 - 15.2 hours per week
The Royal Women’s Hospital is Australia’s first and largest hospital dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of newborns and women of all ages. To join the Women’s is to be instrumental in forging progress towards health equity for women from ground-breaking research through to the bedside delivery of multi-disciplinary clinical care.
Creating exceptional experiences is at the heart of everything we do for our patients, their families, and our people across our services within maternity, neonatal and women’s health.
The Centre for Women’s Mental Health (CWMH) provides mental health services to the Women’s Hospital at both Parkville and Sandringham. Our major areas of activity are in these domains: clinical work, research, and education and training. Clinical services cover each of the hospitals clinical streams, i.e. maternity services, gynaecology and women’s cancer and neonatal services.
This ongoing part time position provides an exciting opportunity for a senior clinical psychologist to become a member of the consultation-Liaison (C-L) Psychiatry team within the Centre for Women’s Mental Health. This role involves the provision of evidence-based psychological services to women in the perinatal period, and those treated for cancer and a range of gynaecologic conditions.
Your duties will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Providing psychological assessment and evidence-based treatment to women who are patients of the Women’s who also have mental health problems, including women referred from gynaecology, cancer and maternity services
- Providing supervision to clinical psychology interns on placements
- Providing supervision and support for other members of the multidisciplinary mental health team.
- Participating in multidisciplinary team meetings, care planning and case review
- Participating in development and delivery of teaching provided by CWMH for RWH staff from various disciplines and to external service providers
- Assisting in the design and implementation of research projects relating to women’s mental health undertaken by staff and/or students at RWH
To be successful within this role you will need to have:
- Registration as a psychologist with AHRPA and endorsement as a clinical psychologist (at least a Masters level degree in Clinical Psychology)
- Registration as a Board-approved supervisor with experience supervising junior psychologists
- Experience and expertise in women’s mental health
When you join the Women’s you unite with talented people who share your purpose and unwavering determination to advance health outcomes for all women. You will find a workplace that is collaborative, progressive and passionate about learning and working together in multi-disciplinary teams to ensure you find the exceptional in your everyday.
Our staff benefits program includes salary packaging, on-site car parking and childcare (subject to availability), alongside a range of discounted financial, lifestyle and wellbeing benefits provided by our staff benefit partners. To learn more, please visit: www.thewomens.org.au/careers/why-work-at-the-womens/staff-benefits/
We are proudly White Ribbon and Breastfeeding Association accredited. The Women’s is committed to gender equity principles and our people have an awareness of and sensitive approach to violence against women/family violence matters.
The Women’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. We welcome applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders, people with lived experience of disability and people who identify as LGBTI.
Ready to make the move?