The NSW Department of Education currently has a permanent full-time employment opportunity to work as a school counsellors in NSW public school at Brisbane Waters Secondary Woy Woy Campus School.
To be successful in these roles you will have:
- Teaching qualifications and eligibility for an approval to teach in NSW Department of Education schools
- Be a registered or provisionally registered psychologist, or eligible for registration with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Have demonstrated understanding of the mental health needs of children and young people
- Experience in counselling children and young people using evidence-based interventions
- Experience in cognitive, emotional and behavioural assessment of children and young people
- Well-developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including report writing
- Ability to work collaboratively and liaise with key stakeholders to enhance outcomes for children and young people
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
Prior to appointment, School Counsellors will need to provide proof of current Working with Children Check clearance and have an ability to travel between work sites.
A talent pool (which is valid for 12 months) may be created through this recruitment process and may be accessed when vacancies occur or additional needs arise.
Scholarships are available for successful applicants who require additional training in the delivery of psychological services in school settings.
Successful applicants will be provided with a Departmental induction program, ongoing professional learning and professional supervision.
Please apply online at iworkfor.nsw.gov.au. Job reference: 00007RXO. Applications close at 4:00 pm, 15 July 2020.