Over the past 12 years, the Quirky Kid team has grown from two passionate founders to a world-class team of psychologists, educators, designers, authors, illustrators and app developers. Our creative clinical spaces and are filled with inspiration, experience and our unstoppable commitment to the QK mission – to support children and families around the world to reach their full potential.
Quirky Kid continues to grow, develop and evolve. As a result, we are seeking a Child Psychologist who shares Quirky Kid’s passion for working with children – Together amazing things happen.
So, come and join us!
We’re looking for colleagues who love working with children and engage confidently with parents to to join our relaxed, welcoming and well-resourced clinic in Sydney (Woollahra) AND Wollongong (Austinmer)
- To offer parents, children and educators practical strategies and support to overcome issues at home and/or school, including emotional regulation, anxiety, parental separation, learning difficulties, ASD traits and social difficulties.
- To assess and potentially diagnose using psychometric tools, including the ADOS-2, WISC-V, SB-5, WIAT-II, CBCL, ABAS-3 and the CRS.
- To produce reports of the highest standard for parents and educators to use a guide in their work with your client.
- To delight your clients with attention to detail and your commitment to achieving therapeutic goals using effective evidence-based interventions, incorporating art and play where possible.
- To advocate for children and families at case conferences, if required.
- To deliver our award winning workshops and programs for children.
- To work within the structure of billable hours by ensuring consultations, school observations, case conferences, test administration and reports are completed within agreed timeframes.
Benefits and Remuneration package
- Salary range $85,000 to $90,000 p.a plus superannuation and entitlements (based on meeting position criteria), pro-rata.
- Contract Position (2 years with a further 2 years).
- To be part of a generous and enthusiastic clinical team with weekly peer supervision, an annual retreat and regular PD opportunities.
- To be part of the dynamic QK culture where your insights, individuality and loyalty are highly valued.
- To see opportunities for growth within QK and be willing to lead or work independently to achieve a greater impact for young people.
- To consult with a maximum of six clients per day.
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- Fully Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Eligible for APS College of Clinical Psychologists or APS College of Educational and Developmental Psychologists (desirable, not essential)
- 3 years+ experience working with children in diverse settings, such as paediatric mental health and/or an educational context.