South Ward (Mental Health) and Psychology Clinic Full-Time
St Andrew’s Toowoomba Hospital is a 155 bed private not-for-profit stand-alone hospital located in Toowoomba which is in the heart of South East Queensland, a two hour scenic drive, south-west of Brisbane. Toowoomba is the economic and commercial hub of the Darling Downs region, with a population of over 160,000 residents. Toowoomba offers an exceptional standard of living with access to nationally acclaimed schooling, with the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast both within easy reach for a weekend away. St Andrew’s Toowoomba Hospital has the only private mental health facility on the Darling Downs. The mental health facility consists of a 20 bed inpatient unit (South Ward) while also providing innovative evidence based programs for day patients within a separate Psychology Clinic.
The Clinical Psychologist will contribute as a member of the multi-disciplinary team providing psychological services and support to patients and clients and will report to the Nurse Manager of the mental health unit. The role will involve the delivery of comprehensive psychology services including planning and facilitating group and individual therapy for the:
• Inpatient Program
• Outpatient/ Day Program
• Private Psychology Clinic
• Employee Assistance Program
The Clinical Psychologist will coordinate all of the psychology services as well as any provisional, casual and part-time psychology and counselling staff. Clinical supervision of psychology staff and students is required.
• Must be a self-motivated, AHPRA registered Clinical Psychologist that can demonstrate a commitment to customer service, strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Previous experience in an acute care facility would be an advantage but not essential
• Demonstrated clinical skills and experience in conducting group and individual therapy
• Experience providing CBT and DBT (preferable)
• Training and experience in therapeutic group leadership
• PsyBA approval as a Registrar Program Principal Supervisor or eligibility and willingness to obtain this (desirable)
• Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
To ensure SATH is best positioned to achieve ‘Excellence in Care and Service’ it is essential our workforce remain engaged and committed to providing exceptional care and service. Our staff are expected to align their behaviour and conduct with the Core Values of Respect, Dignity, Empathy, Courtesy, Fairness and Honesty. As a manager within our organisation, you will be expected to role model appropriate behaviours, conduct and attitudes embedded within our Core Values and Mission Statement of ‘Excellence in Care and Service’.
What we offer:
• Salary Packaging
• Professional development
• Flexible working hours
• Free Parking
• Corporate Private Health Insurance Discounts/Excess waiver
• Access to Employee Assistance Program
• The ability to grow with the hospital as it transitions to the Philips TASY EMR
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia without sponsorship.