- Flexible working arrangements and hours to suit. Positive team culture.
- Growth area, general, clinical & health psychologists and new graduates welcome.
- Passionate team of like-minded professionals.
- GI and Gut-directed Hypnotherapy training provided, regular peer supervision.
Develop your expertise in growing and fascinating field. Flexibility, support, education, and an awesome, warm, friendly and supportive team..
About The Gut Centre
We are excited to offer the opportunity to be part of Australia's leading GI Psychology Clinic, The Gut Centre, with locations in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.
The Gut Centre was established more than 7 years ago and is Australia’s first and leading clinic to provide evidence-based psychological interventions for patients experiencing gastrointestinal disorders. We treat patients with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) & other gastrointestinal conditions. The Gut Centre also offers Gut-Directed Hypnotherapy to adults, adolescents and children.
About the Role
We can provide you with an immediate and growing case load and opportunity to be part of our amazing and supportive team. This is an ideal opportunity to develop your expertise in this fascinating field of Psychogastroenterology. You will provide both face-to -face and Online Telehealth appointments to patients. (Beginning with Online appointments only).
Our beautiful Melbourne clinic is based in Kew East, with a requirement for you to work approx 2 or 3 days p/week. Your hours are negotiable and flexible. Ideally you will be providing psychological services to children, adolescents and adults. However, if your preference is only to see adults, you will still be considered so please apply. This position will be offered as a salaried role.
In this position, you will be practicing evidence-based, gut-directed psychotherapies to manage gastrointestinal disorders, including Gut-Directed Hypnotherapy. We have a strong referral base from leading doctors. The successful applicant will also be provided with training and individual and group supervision, and the opportunity to work and collaborate with positive and like-minded professionals.
To be successful you will:
- Be an AHPRA Registered Psychologist with insurance and eligibility for a Medicare provider number
- Be an AHPRA endorsed General, Clinical or Health Psychologist
- Experience working with children and adolescents (ideally from 5 years old) and a Working with Children’s Check
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially able to quickly build rapport
- Have a keen interest in mind-body connection and have existing or interest in developing brain-gut psychology skills
- Be genuinely caring, positive and committed to high quality patient care
- Ideally, have training in Hypnotherapy, however if not, you would be required to undertake hypnotherapy training, utilising other therapies such as CBT, ACT and mindfulness in the interim.
What we will provide you:
- Professional development to expand your skill set in brain-gut psychology
- Fortnightly supervision with leading GI Clinical Psychologist Dr Jim Kantidakis
- Opportunity for Professional development in hypnotherapy (if not currently trained)
- A positive work culture and an awesome team environment!
- Caseload upon commencement. This is a growth area with great potential and opportunities for the right candidates.
- Flexible working practices (wherever possible)
- Opportunities to utilise your counselling skill set without the burden of additional administration paperwork (ie: billing, appointments or seeking referrals)
To be considered for this role, please forward your resume to:
We would love to hear from you. We will interview as applications come in (ie. not waiting until the end of the advertised date). Feel free to contact via email if you have any questions before applying.