This position is to provide high quality ongoing counselling (and where applicable relationship education services) to individuals, couples, families and children. The position will involve working collaboratively within the Family and Relationship Services (FaRS) team to maintain excellent standards of practice, and may also involve some networking with other agencies.
To be successful in this position applicants require the below:
- A tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience in counselling, group work and assisting individuals, couples, families and children across a broad range of issues including experience in the provision of services to those from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of current theory and practice relating to relationship counselling including the impact of Family and Domestic Violence.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, with a wide range of people.
- Experience of working as a member of a team, fostering the confidence and co-operation of others, and a commitment to ongoing professional development
- Demonstrated competence in computer applications including word processing, use of data bases, electronic diary, email and web searches.
- Experience in the planning, preparation and delivery of group work/education services.
- Experience in agency representation in networks, forums and community groups.
In the performance of this role, you are required to comply with the Safeguarding Children and Young People Practice and Behaviour Guidelines and to participate in cultural fitness activities. Candidates must be willing to undergo a National Criminal History Check and have the ability to obtain a Working With Children Clearance (Ochre Card).
For further details about this position please refer to our Position Description and Employment Conditions on our website www.nt.relationships.org.au
RANT provides excellent support, supervision, professional development entitlements (of up to $3,000 per annum) and
generous salary sacrificing options.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.