· Maternity leave cover, 32 hrs per week
· 2 Roles available, starting Dec 2020 and Jan 2021 up to 12 months
· Salary packaging available
· Ryde location
Royal Rehab is Australia’s leading provider of rehabilitation and disability services.
Highly regarded for our expertise in brain and spinal cord injury rehabilitation, Royal Rehab is also renowned for supported accommodation services, our private hospitals, our purpose-built resort for people with spinal cord injury and community services delivering holistic quality care.
Born from the compassion of one remarkable woman over 120 years ago, Royal Rehab continues to enrich the lives of the people it serves. Our skilled multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals support people to achieve as much independence and quality of life as possible. This includes assisting people to adjust to changed abilities, relearn skills and gain new ones, and reintegrate into their homes and the community.
A career at Royal Rehab is both rewarding and unlike any other and is an opportunity to make a difference with an iconic organization. We pride ourselves on our skilled workforce which is committed to delivering the very best for the people we serve. Representing a broad range of different professions, our people are united by our values of honesty, respect, working together and innovative thinking and are inspired by a commitment to clinical excellence, education and research, and personalized care.
We seek a Clinical Psychologist to join our team in a temporary part-time role. The successful applicant will form part of a multidisciplinary team providing inpatient rehabilitation in our Brain Injury Unit.
Your main Duties will include:
· Rehabilitation focused and diagnostic psychological assessment of brain injury clients
· Provision of individual and group therapy programs, utilizing knowledge of the individuals clinical profile
· Facilitation of team positive behaviour support meetings
· Assessment and monitoring of challenging behaviours, and writing individualised behavioural support plans and training of staff, family/carers in implementation of plans.
· Provision of consultation, advice and education to clients, other professionals and family members/carers.
· Establishment and maintenance of efficient reporting on client assessment and treatment.
· Provision of advice, from a psychological knowledge base, to the team on how the psychological status of individual clients can impact on their rehabilitation program.
· Prioritise workloads according to changing service priorities and to contribute to the regular review of these priorities in conjunction with the psychology professional leader.
· Record client-related information according to Royal Rehab policy, with particular attention to balancing the need to promote inter-disciplinary communication and maintain client confidentiality.
· Psychological report writing.
We seek a self-motivated and friendly individual with:
· Clinical Psychology/ Neuropsychology endorsement with the Psychology Board of Australia (AHPRA)
· Demonstrated expertise in conducting psychological assessment and treatment, and the ability to adapt standardised approaches to meet the needs of clients with complex disability.
· Knowledge of recognised diagnostic criteria and experience in the application.
· Demonstrated experience in the provision of psychological therapy and the ability to adapt standardised approaches to meet the needs of clients with complex disability.
· Demonstrated experience in preparing psychological reports for a professional audience, and interpreting reports for a lay audience.
· Experience in working with people with a brain injury or other complex disability within a multi-disciplinary team
· Knowledge of services and resources to support people with a brain injury & their families.
Applications must be submitted via our online recruitment website.
To apply, please visit https://royalrehab.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/ and complete the online application process. Applications must address the full Essential and Desirable selection criteria, as outlined in the position description.
Gretta Dunn, Clinical Operations Manager, Brain Injury Unit – (02) 9808 9009 Gretta.Dunn@royalrehab.com.au
Joe Hanna, Acting Professional Leader Psychology – (02) 9809 9019 email@example.com
Closing Date: 30 October 2020