In-School Psychology is a very highly regarded provider of psychological services for young people in South Australia. We are currently seeking psychologists who have experience and a passion for working with children, adolescents, and their families, to join our lovely team.
In-School Psychology provides high quality psychological therapy for children, adolescents, their families and schools. We believe in there being accessible services available to young people so we aim to reduce barriers that prevent young people from being able to access mental health care. We are seeking like-minded psychologists to join our wonderful team.
Our service is predominately a psychological counselling service to children and adolescents, however we also provide an assessment service for those psychologists who enjoy conducting psychoeducational and diagnostic assessments.
With the demand for our service continuing to grow we are seeking additional psychologists to join our large team of 16 clinical and educational psychologists, who all have a keen interest in child andadolescent psychology.
In School Psychology values their staff very highly and supports their work-life balance choices. Our psychologists can choose the days and hours that they work. All school holidays are also holidays for our staff, though those who wish to work with students during holidays are able to do so. We provide quick and efficient administrative assistance to save psychologists the time and work of contacting Medicare or GP practices with queries. Our psychologists can therefore concentrate on their core work of counselling students without the worry of time wasting with administrative queries.
We provide our psychologists with opportunities for PD or money towards PD of their choice. Peer supervision sessions are held regularly and an extensive range of online resources, books, games and activities are provided for borrowing. Assessment tools are also provided.
If you wish to have the work life balance that is right for you, working for In School Psychology allows you to have that choice.
We are currently looking to fill a full time and part time position, with a caseload ready to go. Flexibility to start asap or in 2021.
Why join our team?
- Work during school hours, with all school holidays off if you like
- Flexibility over days and hours of work, you choose how much you work each week
- Work independently and manage your own caseload (you control how many clients you see each day)
- Flexibility to increase/decrease workload
- Generous remuneration
- Regular peer supervision sessions
- Professional development provided yearly
- Access to a range of psychoeducational and diagnostic assessment tools (e.g. WISC-V, WIAT-III, ADOS-2, Conners just to name a few)
- Access to high quality resources, games, assessments and other tools to use in your work with children and adolescents
- Responding to Abuse and Neglect Training provided if not already certified
- Rewarding work with children and adolescents
- Lovely working environment in supportive schools
- One on one supervision can be provided by Senior Clinical Psychologists and Educational Psychologists
- Supervision towards endorsement is provided
- Join a great team of experienced clinical and educational psychologists!
Essential criteria required for this roleinclude:
- Full registration as a psychologist with AHPRA
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Psychology (or generally registered psychologists with experience working with child and adolescent clients)
- Eligibility for Medicare rebates
- Experience in treating mental health concerns in children and adolescents
- Experience in the use of CBT and other evidence based interventions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Highly desirable criteria include:
- Experience working with young people with ASD
- Being deemed as a Clinical Psychologist under Medicare
If you would like to join our wonderful team of psychologists please contact us at email@example.com for a full job description and rates of pay, or to submit your application.
Please submit applications ASAP. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.