Knox Grammar School is an Independent, multi-campus K-12 day and boarding school for boys located at Wahroonga on Sydney’s North Shore and is acknowledged as one of Australia’s leading schools. The current level of enrolment is over 3000 students including 280 boarders who are nurtured, educated and cared for by highly skilled academic, support and operational staff. The Boarding Team is inspired by the highest ideals of teamwork, collegiality, integrity and professionalism. The School is an activity of the Uniting Church and provides a secure environment with outstanding facilities where boys can develop academically, culturally, physically, socially, spiritually and through a broad range of sporting and recreational activities. Knox has two junior school campuses, and a senior school campus.
The Boarding Wellbeing Leader is member of the Wellbeing Team and the purpose of this team is developing proactive Positive Psychology and best practice, interventions for boarding students Years 7-12. In addition to provide boarding staff with psychoeducation and professional development.
This position is permanent part time, 4 hours per day Monday, Tuesday & Thursday from 5.00pm to 9.00pm and Sunday from 6.00pm to 10.00pm with an immediate start.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Current full Professional Psychologist Registration (AHPRA)
- Demonstrated successful employment in a range of settings, with experience collaborating in multidisciplinary teams.
- Working knowledge and interest in Positive Psychology.
Desirable, but not essential:
- Experience working in a school environment in counselling
- Demonstrated ability to effectively participate in a team approach to child wellbeing.
- Experience in facilitating and developing evidence-based proactive group interventions
- Experience in facilitating and developing psychology and/or wellbeing evidence-based professional development
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
4.00pm Friday 30 October, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, and to find out more about becoming a member of staff at Knox, please visit our website www.knox.nsw.edu.au/employment.
Successful applicants will be required to provide the School with a current NSW Working with Children Check number.