Open Sky Psychology in Ryde is looking for a Psychologist to join our friendly professional private practice team of 8 practitioners. We work mainly from our pleasant rooms in Putney Village, but we also have the capacity to offer online sessions as needed.
Fostering a friendly collegial atmosphere is a central aspect of our practice culture. Practitioners enjoy an open and supportive environment, and have a space to lunch together in an informal atmosphere, or alternatively at a range of nearby cafes. We also create opportunities for peer learning through reading, supervision and discussion groups, from time to time.
We are seeking a psychologist who shows a natural aptitude and ease in connecting well with clients, and either a) a proven ability to work within a longer term psychotherapy orientation, or b) a capacity to learn how to journey with the client, with a willingness to train in greater depth in order to work with client presentations which often require 20+ sessions.
The practitioner will be required to build up a caseload of clients, many of whom will be presenting with complex mental health issues and/or relationship difficulties.
We see a broad range of clients with issues such as anxiety, depression, stress, workplace problems, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, trauma/PTSD, as well as relationship problems of all kinds. We provide counselling for children, teenagers, adults, couples and families.
Our aim is not only to help clients to address and resolve inner pain, but also to help them work towards personal growth as part of that process, transitioning to a better quality of life, ongoing.
This opportunity is part-time, 3-4 days, or possibly full time, preferably including one after hours shift. There is some flexibility, however, as we are primarily looking for the right person to serve our clients and complement our team.
The position provides many of the benefits of a private practice work/life balance, but without the financial burden of setting up your own rooms, paying rent or having to generate your own clients. Your client referrals will start gradually and build up over the following weeks.
Our support includes: a) ongoing new clients supplied to you via our browser based diary, Halaxy; b) access to supervision from the Principal Psychologist (as well as informally from other team members); c) further supported access to training and supervision, eg Schema Therapy; d) full phone reception support and diary management of your clients, as well as some in-house administrative support; d) a friendly team of practitioners who enjoy warm and supportive interactions in their breaks. There are currently 6 psychologists and two psychotherapists.
All practitioners at our practice use a range of modalities as needed, including Schema Therapy (for which most of us have received training) as well as CBT, ACT, DBT, solution focussed, psychodynamic, emotion focussed, and narrative.
- Providing counselling/psychotherapy to clients.
- Nurturing and developing relationships with local referral agencies, including liaising with GPs and other marketing sources.
- Client preparation and notes, taking payments (just two clicks in Halaxy) and maintaining efficient case notes.
- Participating in in-house case-conferences, staff meetings and training from time to time.
- Ensuring you meet all industry professional development requirements.
- A keen interest in psychotherapeutic theory and practice, and an ability to develop rapport and maintain a strong therapeutic alliance with your clients.
- Competence and ability to work with varied presentations and age groups, using a range of modalities and orientations.
- Ability to self-reflect on your own processes and personal/professional growth.
- Available for work 3-4 days, with the possibility of more shifts if mutually desired.
- Desirable: some experience in private practice settings, working with a broad range of client issues.
- Essential: Full Registration with AHPRA as a Psychologist, or Counselling Psychologist, or Clinical Psychologist.
- Essential: Eligible for Medicare Service Provision