This court-based role provides case management support to people with complex mental health or disability related support needs who are participating in a court program.
The Magistrates’ Court of Victoria is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic advanced case manager to be part of its Assessment and Referral Court (ARC) program at the Frankston Magistrates’ Court.
The role of the Advanced Case Manager is to provides case management support to people participating in the ARC program who present with a range of complex needs including mental illness and/or cognitive impairment, alcohol and substance issues, homelessness, family violence, and/or limited social supports to achieve recovery and/or stabilisation of their condition. We encourage you to apply if you possess the following:
· Tertiary qualification (minimum Diploma level; degree level preferred) relevant to case management practice with forensic clients; such as social work, psychology, welfare, drug and alcohol or another related field.
· Demonstrated capacity or experience in case management of clients presenting with complex needs, with well-developed knowledge in at least one of the following areas: mental health, acquired brain injury, disability, alcohol and substance use, family violence, or homelessness.
· Experience in mentoring or coaching health and/or social welfare staff.
· Detailed knowledge of the mental health and/or disability service system and demonstrated capacity to establish and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
· Sound knowledge of evidenced-informed practice models and frameworks for working with clients with complex mental health and/or disability support need, including motivational interviewing techniques.
· Excellent case formulation and written communication skills.
In return, CSS offers a unique opportunity to develop your leadership and clinical skills within a supportive team environment. You will be provided with ongoing professional development opportunities and be part of a court-based team committed to supporting people with complex mental health support needs.
For further information on this position and to submit your application, please visit careers.vic.gov.au by 24/01/2021.