- Northern Area Mental Health Service (NAMHS) is looking for a Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 3, Social Worker Grade 2, Psychologist Grade 2 or Occupational Therapist Grade 2 to join the team!
- Part Time and Full Time Opportunities
- Based in NAMHS Hotham Street
The Royal Melbourne Hospital
As one of the largest health services in Victoria, and a team of more than 10,000 strong, we provide a comprehensive range of medical, surgical, and mental health services; as well as rehabilitation, aged care, outpatient and community programs. We are a designated state-wide provider for services including trauma, and we lead centres of excellence for tertiary services in several key areas including neurosciences, nephrology, oncology, cardiology and virtual health.
Surrounded by a Parkville Precinct of brilliant thinkers, we collaborate to set new benchmarks in health excellence – benchmarks that impact across the globe. While the work we do takes us in inspiring new directions; caring for each other, our patients and consumers is as essential to who we are, as any scientific breakthrough we make. We put people first - leading with kindness and working together, we excel as one Royal Melbourne Hospital.
Your new team:
At NAMHS Hotham street you will find an enthusiastic, friendly, professional group of clinicians of various disciplines. We work hard and we work well as a team. The team respects the professionalism of all staff members and we are encouraged to work autonomously as well as part of our larger tea. Professional development is encouraged and supported
Arrange a site visit and chat with us over a coffee. Once you have seen our service and spoken to our some of our wonderful team members, you will want to be part of something special and help us make a difference
Your success in this role, will be in your ability to:
- Provide recovery oriented care including assessment and development of interventions in collaboration with consumers/ carers/families and other service providers including GP’s, NDIS service providers and other stakeholders.
- Provide discipline specific evidence based practice and appropriate treatment options as required.
- Partake in discipline specific clinical supervision and workload management.
- Contribute in ongoing professional development activities and in-service training and sharing new found knowledge with the clinical team.
- Experience in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of severe mental illness and psychiatric disability
- Capacity to undertake alcohol and other drug screening, assessment, treatment planning, brief interventions with clients who have co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Commitment to ongoing professional development for self and for team members
- A current Victorian Driver’s License, and ongoing ability to use this form of transport
Our Commitment to you
Here at The RMH we strive for excellence with a strong purpose that defines the work we do for our community – Advancing health for everyone, every day. This is the Melbourne Way.
We believe our success comes from our people. We’re committed to the RMH being a great place to work and a great place to receive care. We have made a long-term commitment to strengthen our organisational culture through leadership, education and empowering our staff to Speak Up for themselves and each other.
This is a role where your passion and expertise can come together to create a truly defining career opportunity. It is a unique opportunity to help us transform the future of the RMH and ultimately ensure we continue to deliver world class healthcare.
The RMH stands in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in work and care. We are proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.
For further enquiries, please contact Janne-Maree Blackman and Paul Sutherland on 9416 6300