- Looking for a Senior Clinical Psychologist Grade 3 for the new Hospital Outreach Post-Suicidal Engagement service (HOPE) at North West Area Mental Health Service (NWMHS)
- Permanent Part Time position - 2.5 days per week (0.5EFT)
- Based in NWMH, Pascoe Vale South
The Royal Melbourne Hospital
As one of the largest health services in Victoria, and a team of more than 10,000 strong, we provide a comprehensive range of medical, surgical, and mental health services; as well as rehabilitation, aged care, outpatient and community programs. We are a designated state-wide provider for services including trauma, and we lead centres of excellence for tertiary services in several key areas including neurosciences, nephrology, oncology, cardiology and virtual health.
Surrounded by a Parkville Precinct of brilliant thinkers, we collaborate to set new benchmarks in health excellence – benchmarks that impact across the globe. While the work we do takes us in inspiring new directions; caring for each other, our patients and consumers is as essential to who we are, as any scientific breakthrough we make. We put people first - leading with kindness and working together, we excel as one Royal Melbourne Hospital.
Your new team
NorthWestern Mental Health is one of the largest providers of Mental Health Services in Victoria. Our multi-disciplinary workforce of skilled and dynamic clinicians and consumer/carer advisors, provide a recovery-oriented approach to care.
We are offering you an exciting opportunity to join a new initiative that is being established at North West Area Mental Health Service called the HOPE program The Victorian Government is implementing HOPE programs across the state to provide brief enhanced support and assertive outreach for people leaving an emergency department following treatment for an attempted suicide.
The NWMHS HOPE program will provide a service to people who live in the Moreland and Hume LGAs who have presented to one of three emergency departments at The Northern Hospital, Royal Melbourne Hospital and Sunshine Hospital for up to a 12 week period.
This is your opportunity to be a part of the development and establishment of a new team, to provide leadership and support to a diverse range of staff and to make a difference in the lives of those who are presenting with high levels of distress, suicidal ideation/attempt and complex psycho-social issues.
Your success in this role, will be in your ability to
- Provide high level clinical expertise within the HOPE service with respect to the provision of psychosocial interventions, and care coordination post suicide attempt, or suicidal ideation
- Participate in clinical service development activities within the Team and encourage and support quality initiatives and research
- Provide supervision to staff as well as students
- Provide clinical leadership within the team
- Provide clinical care to a cohort of consumers with complex presentations
- Leadership experience
- Highly developed mental health assessment and intervention skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of culturally sensitive issues and practices
- Excellent knowledge and experience of community liaison
- Experience of working with non-clinical staff
- Ability to speak a second relevant language would be well regarded
Our Commitment to you
Here at The RMH we strive for excellence with a strong purpose that defines the work we do for our community – Advancing health for everyone, every day. This is the Melbourne Way.
We believe our success comes from our people. We’re committed to the RMH being a great place to work and a great place to receive care. We have made a long-term commitment to strengthen our organisational culture through leadership, education and empowering our staff to Speak Up for themselves and each other.
This is a role where your passion and expertise can come together to create a truly defining career opportunity. It is a unique opportunity to help us transform the future of the RMH and ultimately ensure we continue to deliver world class healthcare.
The RMH stands in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in work and care. We are proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.
For further enquiries, please contact Christine Hodge on 0417 529 884 or Michael Currie on 9355 9720