We are offering unique private practice Contractor opportunities within our practice located in Armadale, Prahran and Hawthorn, which includes:
- Private consult with a mixed client caseload;
- Participation in fortnightly training in Eating Disorder and Body Image work in preparation for including some eating disorders in your caseload.
Peaceful Mind Psychology consults mainly young adults between the ages of 17-35 concerning various issues, such as relationship problems, depression, anxiety and stress; however, our practice also holds an interest in eating disorders and body image.
The pandemic has seen a significant increase in eating disorders, and unfortunately the number of psychologists trained in the field are not able to meet current demand. Our clinic is passionate about working with people living with eating disorders. Therefore, we are seeking to address this bottleneck in the community by offering free training to new recruits.
This is a once-off opportunity that will set you up in your career to become a reputable professional within the eating disorder field. Work in eating disorders offers long-term client engagement with Medicare supporting long-term psychological care via 40 rebatable sessions. Our practical training program guarantees you will feel confident with how to approach almost any eating disorder presentation.
We also offer ongoing fortnightly peer consult and other collaborative activities within the practice to support your need for connection with colleagues.
What we can offer you:
Aside from this opportunity to become a skilled professional in the eating disorder field, we also offer the following:
- SUPPORT: We offer exceptional support, including: an amazing reception team (from 9-5pm), peer consults, direct support with the clinical director, working side-by-side with like-minded psychologists, a discussion board and garden gatherings.
- FLEXIBILITY: We offer a range of hours/days, and will tailor shifts according to your needs. We have availability at our Armadale, Prahran and Hawthorn locations.
- CONSISTENT REFERRALS: Our practice has an excellent reputation, which means we have a large GP referral network. The practice mainly attracts high functioning adults between the ages of 17-35. You are guaranteed a full diary.
- EXCELLENT RUNEMUERATION: Our clinical psychologists are paid $138 per client, while our psychologists are paid $114 per client.
- PROFESSIONAL CONSULTING ROOMS: Our practices are located in the heart of leafy Armadale, Prahran and Hawthorn with ample parking and public transport at our doorstep. Our rooms all have big windows in old style buildings with modern decorating.
We are interested in candidates who:
- Are enthusiastic and interested in learning about eating disorders and body dysmorphia (no prior experience is required). Training commences in February and scheduling is flexible.
- Can commit to conducting consultations via a mix of Telehealth (at home or the practice) and face-to-face with the use of a face mask.
- Maintain a positive attitude and enjoy forming relationships with fellow colleagues and the practice team, based on our practice values of empathy, honesty and kindness.
- Highly value client engagement via the use of counselling skills, competence in evidence-based intervention and reflective practise.
- Are able to commit to working a minimum of 1.5 - 2 days and do at least one session that incorporates after-hour clients (e.g. 1/2pm-8pm or Saturday).
- Willing to obtain an ABN, Medicare Provider Number and Professional Indemnity Insurance.
Visit our website to gain an insight into Peaceful Mind Psychology https://peacefulmind.com.au and learn more about who we are and what we strive to deliver for our clients.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com and include in your cover letter the following:
- Why does Eating Disorder and Body Image therapeutic work appeal to you?
- How would a friend or family member describe your personality?
We will notify you of the outcome of your application within two days. Applications close the 5th of February.