Are you a talented, committed and engaging therapist? Please apply!
Sensational Kids has been running for 13 years offering tailor-made, individual and group therapy to our community. It is a company based on strong values of integrity, learning, fun, professionalism and innovation. We have a 9/10 Employee Happiness score from our team!
We see kids aged 0-18 and provide child and family-centred therapy incorporating a range of therapeutic models including DIR Floortime well as other models for best practice.
We have the following positions available: Counselling/ Developmental/ Clinical Psychologist
ORMOND: Permanent Part Time (0.4-0.8) or Full Time or Contracting
- Early career clinicians welcome to apply (minimum 1 year experience please)
- More experienced clinicians will start with or work towards a leadership position within the team including supervision of more junior team members.
- Caseload will be a mix of face to face and telehealth
Who we are looking for:
We are very careful with who we select to be part of our team, as our team is pretty special. We are looking for fun, energetic, positive team members who don't mind a challenge, thrive on an interesting and varied caseload and who are happy to support and be supported by our team.
We are looking for a therapist who is flexible, mature and knows how to ask for help when they need it. We are also importantly seeking someone who is happy working with a largely NDIS caseload (disability) and who is keen to further develop their clinical, professional and supervisory skills. Experience working with a paediatric caseload is important (student placements also considered) working with a wide range of presentations.
If you join, you will be part of a brilliant team of Speech Pathologists, OTs, Psychologists, Dietitians and Music Therapists. We work hard and play hard too!
As a Psychologist on our team you will provide assessment and treatment of children and adolescents presenting with a wide range of issues, including behavioural, social, mental health and support/ training for parents. That’s our bread and butter. You may also be obliged to eat cupcakes if it’s someone’s birthday, attend our awesome end of year party or the many social events we run throughout the year and/ or take part in our whole team training days or frequent PDs.
Your role would also include:
- Assessment of children for various mental health conditions, cognition, Autism Spectrum Disorders (ADOS-2, ADI-R, WPPSI, WISC, CARS, WIAT-III, Vineland etc) - we can train for ADOS if needed.
- Medicare reporting, NDIS reporting and liaison with GPs and other professionals such as teachers.
If this sounds like your cup of tea we’d love to hear from you.
Sensational Kids provides for you:
- Sign-on bonus for the successful candidate (conditions apply)
- Onsite Board Approved Supervisor
- A well equipped therapy space
- Admin and therapy assistant support ongoing
- Great remuneration + super based on experience and skill-set or attractive contracting rates
- Supportive management at each site
- Team training days, DIR Floortime training and support, in-house supervision, paid professional development in line with your professional goals
- Regular supervision
- PD budget and paid days of work for PD
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Online HR platform with rewards and recognition program in place.
- Loads of social events with the rest of the team.
- A team utilising Best Practice practices, fully compliant NDIS Audit results.
Things you must have:
- Full registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA
- Registration with Medicare (assistance provided)
- Current Working with Children's Check NDIS Worker Screening Check (we will assist you with this).
- Must have own Professional Indemnity Insurance (and PI if you are contracting).
- Demonstrated skill in assessment, therapy and case management of children, adolescents and families
- Demonstrated skill and experience in providing Psychological interventions
- Strong record management, case note taking skills and ethical practice
- Demonstrated ability to engage clients effectively
- Willingness to learn/ understand the DIR model as this is what our team uses as a framework
- Ability to manage caseload independently but collaboratively in team environment
- Strong English language skills and ability to work in Australia (sorry but we are unable to accept applicants on a 457 or working holiday visa unless they have applied for more permanent options).
- An interest in working in a mixed caseload with a heavy disability focus. We do not utilise Restrictive Practice and we are not registered for Severe Behaviour Support under NDIS.
Please forward your CV and cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria above to the email provided.
Position available immediately (once cleared and all qualifications checked and registered).
Sensational Kids is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t harass or discriminate and encourage play, fun and laughter.
If you are an independent, flexible, open-minded therapist and want to work somewhere amazing we would love to hear from you.
Please note: This position is not suitable for Provisional Psychologists or new graduates as the caseload can be challenging.
For further information, please call Fran Nicholson (Manager) on 9578 7560. Please forward your CV and cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria above to the email provided.
Position available from February 2021. Thanks in advance for your application.