We have an exciting opportunity for an Allied Health Professional to work with young people as a Mental Health Clinician, providing Mental Health and Clinical work in an innovative and different model.
Intercept Youth and Family program would love to meet innovative professionals from a variety of relevant disciplines, who are interested in joining a team that deliver clinical mental health services for young people aged 12-25. Applicants must demonstrate a willingness to proactively engage disengaged young people with a severe mental illness, or young people who may be at risk of a severe mental illness. This role will require some work outside of business hours, home visits and a strong focus and understanding of psychosocial support and community participation outcomes.
This program is for a fixed term till 30 June 2021 with a possibility of extension dependent on funding. This is a two worker model, actively partnering clinicians with family and youth workers to ensure a holistic service.
About the role:
This position is to deliver an outreach based, clinical mental health program for young people aged 12-25 years. The program design prioritises youth engagement and relationship building as the means of achieving clinical outcomes. A flexible approach to service delivery will be expected with workers typically undertaking home visits and/or sessions in other places in the community such as the courthouse, schools, cafes or parks. While the role is predominantly clinical in nature, it will have a strong focus on social inclusion/community participation outcomes to maintain recover and prevent relapse. Clinical workers will be expected to actively participate in care coordination meetings, and in regular multidisciplinary team case reviews. Some group work will also be required.
You will have:
- Minimum 2 years Mental Health specific experience
- Relevant four year degree in either Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health Nursing or Occupational Therapy.
- Experience working with young people.
- Ability to learn new software.
Intercept is a not-for-profit community organisation based in Caboolture that provides early intervention and prevention services for young people and their families.
What we offer:
A professional work environment in an organisation that genuinely cares, values dedication and performance.
You will receive:
- Excellent salary $75-85K dependent on experience. With the option to increase your take home pay with up to $15,900 per annum in Salary Packaging.
- Learning and development opportunities
- Good work life balance
- Access to discounts, such as health insurance, holiday and travel, gym membership, IT and home appliances
- Membership to our dedicated Employee Assistance Program.
To apply for this position please click on the below link and attach your resume and cover letter and answer the questions.