Senior Clinician - Orygen
- Multidisciplinary - Social Work, Psychologist, Occupational Therapist Grade 3, or Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) Grade 4
- Part Time (0.5 EFT/5 day fortnight); Fixed Term (until March 2022).
The Royal Melbourne Hospital
As one of the largest health services in Victoria, and a team of more than 10,000 strong, we provide a comprehensive range of medical, surgical, and mental health services; as well as rehabilitation, aged care, outpatient and community programs. We are a designated state-wide provider for services including trauma, and we lead centres of excellence for tertiary services in several key areas including neurosciences, nephrology, oncology, cardiology and virtual health.
Surrounded by a Parkville Precinct of brilliant thinkers, we collaborate to set new benchmarks in health excellence – benchmarks that impact across the globe. While the work we do takes us in inspiring new directions; caring for each other, our patients and consumers is as essential to who we are, as any scientific breakthrough we make. We put people first - leading with kindness and working together, we excel as one Royal Melbourne Hospital.
Your new team
- Be part of a team working with young people with emerging mental health issues involved with Youth Justice in both community & custodial settings
- Our clinical program offers inpatient care, crisis intervention and assessment, individual case management, family therapy and group interventions, intensive outreach services, community consultation, and training.
- Orygen Youth Health has strong links with research and training organisations including Orygen, the National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health.
Your success in this role, will be in your ability to
- Provide clinical assessments of young people appearing before the Children's Court who present with suicidality or acute mental illness and facilitate timely access to appropriate treatment.
- Provide high-quality care and expertise to achieve the best outcomes for our consumers and their families and carers
- Contribute to the development of Forensic Youth Mental Health services at Orygen
- Experienced, highly motivated, and clinically skilled Senior Clinician
- Significant experience in the provision of mental health care, particularly in youth mental health
- Strong communication and clinical liaison skills
- Proven capacity to liaise with and build positive relationships with service providers
- Proven capacity to provide clinical services including in mental health care settings
- Membership of your appropriate professional organisation
Our Commitment to you
Here at The RMH we strive for excellence with a strong purpose that defines the work we do for our community – Advancing health for everyone, every day. This is the Melbourne Way.
We believe our success comes from our people. We’re committed to the RMH being a great place to work and a great place to receive care. We have made a long-term commitment to strengthen our organisational culture through leadership, education and empowering our staff to Speak Up for themselves and each other.
This is a role where your passion and expertise can come together to create a truly defining career opportunity. It is a unique opportunity to help us transform the future of the RMH and ultimately ensure we continue to deliver world class healthcare.
The RMH stands in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in work and care. We are proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.