Senior Clinician - Maroondah Community Care Unit
- East Ringwood Location
- Parking available
- Permanent Full-Time
- Monthly Accrued Day Off (ADO)
Applications welcome from all Allied Health Professionals (SW3, OT3, PL3)
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and statewide services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
The Maroondah Community Care Unit in Ringwood East is part of Eastern Health’s Adult Mental Health Program. It is a 20 bed community based residential facility and features a highly structured and supportive physical environment. The clinicians within the multi-disciplinary team have high levels of contact and interaction with consumers who are recovering from a mental illness and their carers to promote self-determination and aims to empower individuals.
The unit operates under a recovery-oriented model of care, utilising the framework for recovery-oriented practice in a collaborative, team based environment. The unit’s recovery program offers a consumer-centred treatment approach to assist consumers in achieving their personal recovery goals and maintain wellness.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to work full time in a community care unit which works with a strong recovery focus. The successful applicant will join the welcoming and friendly team at Murnong Community Care Unit, who are passionate about providing an accessible high quality service to the diverse community we serve.
- Provide clinical leadership form of role modelling, mentoring, working with the more complex consumers, providing support and strategies to other clinicians on how to address challenges their own consumers may present with
- Work collaboratively the Team Leader and Consultant, contributing to clinical decisions, development of management plans and discharge planning.
- Provide clinical leadership through holding the portfolio of the Collaborative Recovery Model and act as a leader in the ongoing implementation of the Collaborative Recovery Model.
- Provide quality mental health and discipline specific, client centred assessment and treatment
- Provide secondary consultation to the team and wider sector
- Opportunity to work autonomously as part of a supportive team
To be successful in this role you should possess:
- Demonstrated commitment to recovery orientated clinical practice.
- A minimum of at least 5-years’ mental health experience as a qualified Occupational Therapist/ Social Worker/Psychologist preferably in a range of mental health settings.
- Experience in supporting adults with the lived experience of mental ill health.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated advanced verbal and written communication skills in all professional domains of practice.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team and autonomously.
- Strong commitment to high quality consumer care.
- You must hold a valid full driver’s license.
- A satisfactory police check is required prior to appointment.
- A full Driving license.
- Post Graduate qualifications relevant to the position or working towards.
- Previous experience in a supervisory or case management role.
- Knowledge of and experience working with the Collaborative Recovery Model or alternative recovery orientated practice
- Experience in facilitating change to work practices in a health care organisation.
- AMPS trained (Occupational Therapist).
- ESI trained (Occupational Therapist)
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
What We Offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
Please apply via link: https://eh.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?id=2wXRSI2mkgk=&jbc=ere
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence