- Full-time for 12 months
- Based at Ravenhall Correctional Centre
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
- Free onsite parking
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. Completed in 2017, the medium-security Ravenhall Correctional Centre is located in in Melbourne's west and provides world-class forensic mental health services to male prisoners in a purpose-built state of the art facility developed to international best practice standards.
About the role:
The Psychologist is based within the Outpatient program at Ballerrt Yeram-boo-ee as a member of the multidisciplinary team. The role involves the provision of mental health assessment, intervention, and clinical management to address the mental health needs of men within Ravenhall Correctional Centre. The Psychologist provides a high level of clinical psychological expertise, consultation and advice to Forensicare clinicians, GEO prison and clinical staff and Correct Care Australiasia staff on complex clinical matters; completes psychological reports for court as required and contributes to projects, committees and working parties within the organisation including the development of policies and procedures. As a senior professional representative, the position also provides consultancy and advice to other agencies and key stakeholders. The Psychologist also participates in the training and supervision of psychology placement students, interns and staff of other disciplines where appropriate.
- Provide psychological assessment and intervention to men with identified mental health needs within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Provide advice on the management oand treatment of complex patient and prisoner issues to stakeholders
- Prepare psychological reports as appropriate
- Provide supervision to psychology staff and other disciplines as appropriate
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated commitment to mental health consumer recovery.
- Demonstrated experience in providing a high level of services in forensic mental health and related settings.
- Knowledge and experience working with offenders, including those with personality disorders.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and supervision to staff and students.
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
Mandatory qualifications & registrations:
- Masters or Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology from an APS accredited course or equivalent, OR Doctorate degree in Forensic Psychology from an APS accredited course or equivalent.
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulations Agency (AHPRA)
- The successful candidate will be required to register their qualifications on eCredential
This position is subject to a Police Check.
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions.
- Excellent leave entitlements.
- Post-graduate scholarship programs.
- Ongoing training and full orientation.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
Apply now link: https://forensicare.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?id=K/PQxrRVRP4=&jbc=ere