Applications are invited from suitably qualified people who are interested in an appointment to the AFP.
Your duties will include:
The Perth SHIELD hub supports regional locations within Western Australia (Exmouth & Geraldton) as well as the external territories of Cocos (Keeling) Island and Christmas Island, as such there may be a requirement for periodic travel to these locations (as required). As part of the AFP's Western & Central Command the Perth SHIELD hub will work closely with the Adelaide SHIELD hub.
The Psychologist role provides professional psychological and mental health services to AFP employees. The role is committed to maintaining a high standard of patient care and contributes to the delivery of AFP business through the provision of a variety of health initiatives.
Essential requirements, skills or experience:
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Demonstrated practice post internship in a relevant area of applied Psychology
- Availability for domestic and international travel (if required)
- Maintenance of currency in subject matter expertise through ongoing professional development and learning opportunities outside the formal education process
- Demonstrated ability to be resilient, flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrated personal drive for helping others
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
Desirable requirements, skills or experience:
- Current valid Australian driver’s licence
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team in a large organisational setting
- To be eligible you must be an Australian Citizen.
- This position requires the successful candidate to obtain a Negative Vetting 1 Security Clearance.
- Perth - There are currently two vacant roles with the opportunity for full-time and part-time employment.
- Melbourne - There are no current vacancies, this process will be used to create a merit pool to fill future vacancies that may occur over the coming 18 months.
What do we offer?
We provide our people with many benefits appropriate to the level of the position including, but not limited to:
- An attractive remuneration package as per our Enterprise Agreement
- Four mandatory rest days per year
- Six weeks annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flex time
- 15.4% Superannuation
- External and internal training opportunities
The AFP offers an attractive remuneration package, including salary, superannuation benefits and flexible working conditions appropriate to the level of the position. For further details, refer to the Enterprise Agreement at https://www.afp.gov.au/careers/benefits-conditions/afp-enterprise-agreement-2017-2020
How to apply:
- To apply visit the AFP’s Career Page at: https://www.afp.gov.au/careers/vacancies
- Refer to the ‘Required Application Documents’ section on the job ad on the AFP Careers Page
- If you have a disability/medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements/reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact AFPRecruitment@afp.gov.au
To obtain more information about the position please contact SHIELD team on SHIELD@afp.gov.au.
Applications close: 11.59pm (AEST) on Thursday 22 March 2020.
As an inclusive organisation, the AFP provides opportunity for all Australians to fairly gain employment in the AFP. We appreciate that everyone is unique and acknowledge that diversity in thought leads to greater transparency and improved consideration in our decision making.