Group Supervisor x 2 – Expression of Interest
QPASTT is a state-wide refugee trauma recovery service. We work with people who have a refugee like xperience and run a range of interventions/programs to assist in trauma recovery – this includes individual nd family counselling, youth work, community work and group work.
Putting refugee survivors of torture and trauma first guides everything that we do at QPASTT. We value
kindness and dignity and we believe in positive futures. We believe that recovery from trauma is about justice
and we strive to build opportunities so that survivors of torture and trauma can thrive and belong in our
Who we are looking for?
Experienced group supervisors to offer group supervision on either Group Work or Reflective Practice
(preferably different facilitators for each supervision), with the following characteristics:
- Experienced in facilitating group supervision to staff of multicultural backgrounds
- Direct practice experience (either individual client work or group work) working within a trauma recovery framework
- Experience working with clients from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- Confidence to facilitate groups supervision of more than 6 participants, with an open style to allow flexibility for staff to attend (staff participation in group supervision is voluntary and will be dependent on interest and work schedules).
What are we expecting of you?
Our service currently supports about 1800 clients through counselling, group and youth work interventions. We run on average 8-10 groups with adults and young people each “term” (we use school terms to schedule our work).
For the Group Work supervision, we are needing someone to facilitate a safe space where group workers can share skills, support depth of practice of group work process, discuss group dynamics and work through some of the more advanced skills of facilitating groups for trauma survivors.
For the Reflective Practice supervision, we are needing someone to facilitate a safe space for staff across the direct practice areas (adult counselling, child and young person counselling, family counselling, youth work) to be able to share and reflect on practice (e.g., Kolb’s reflective framework; Proctor model of reflective group supervision). This supervision is not focused on case reviews or formulation as this is provided in internal supervision and line management supports.
It will be the responsibility of the group supervisor to establish the group agreements, establish safety, manage
group dynamics and process. It is anticipated that each group supervision will occur quarterly.
We expect 4 x 90 minute sessions be facilitated across the calendar year (i.e., quarterly), however will pay for 2
hours of work to ensure time to arrive and settle pre – and post the session.
||Casual Group Supervisor
Brisbane (QPASTT Woolloongabba
|4 x 90 minute sessions (offered
quarterly across a calendar year).
Casual (fee for service); reviewed after delivery of first 4 sessions
If you are interested, please submit an Expression of Interest by sending:
1) A brief outline of your interest and how you would be suitable for this role.
2) A resume giving details of your work history delivering group supervision.
Submissions need to be received by 5pm on 22nd June 2021