Kincoppal-Rose Bay School of the Sacred Heart, founded in 1882, is a leading Catholic Independent Day and Boarding School located in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs. The college is co-educational ELC-6, and girls only 7-12.
At present, we are inviting applications for a Permanent Full Time Head of Counselling commencing early August. As a key stakeholder in the wider Pastoral / Wellbeing team at our beautiful and historic harbourside School, you will hold overall responsibility and accountability for psychological services delivered to all students at KRB, as well as lead the development of strategic progress in this area.
- Permanent full time.
- Works 41 weeks per year (School term time + a total of 3 additional weeks across the year during school holidays, as directed and per operational needs) - NB: salary is not averaged/annualised.
- In collaboration with leaders within the Pastoral teams across K-12 day and boarding schools, proactively and strategically develop student-focused and parent-focused mental health and wellbeing initiatives in anticipation of and response to emerging trends.
- Alongside key staff, coordinate the school response to student-related Critical Incidents particularly in providing and/or co-ordinating counselling and debriefing, and maintain ongoing monitoring of the incidents.
- Develop parent education programs where necessary and appropriate, in collaboration with key members of the Leadership Team.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of staff training in Child Protection.
- Act as consultant to the school Leadership Team by advising, in relevant contexts and circumstances, on best practice appropriate to the developmental stages of young people.
- Lead a team of 2 other registered psychologists (School Counsellors).
- Manage own caseload of student matters across K-12, providing individual counselling and therapeutic interventions.
The ideal candidate:
- Prepared to commit to the goals of a Sacred Heart education and be an active and visible participant in the dynamic life of our school.
- In possession of a valid Working with Children Check.
- Fully qualified, registered Psychologist.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as a practising Psychologist.
- Experience in providing psychological intervention for children, adolescents, and their families within a systemic therapeutic paradigm (ideally in a School environment).
- Demonstrated experience proactively developing and executing wellbeing initiatives.
- Demonstrated understanding of contemporary issues and trends in Child Psychology.
- Advanced understanding of Child Protection legislation and practice.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team.
- A proactive and strategic thinker.
If you have the right qualifications and background for this opportunity, we look forward to receiving your application. To apply for this vacancy, please use the Seek online platform
Amongst other employee benefits, Kincoppal – Rose Bay School offers a free staff shuttle service from and to Edgecliff station before and after each school day. To learn more about what it's like to work with us, visit our page on LinkedIn or our Website
Our School is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome expressions of interest from any and all suitably qualified candidates.
Applications close 9am Monday 21 June, and must include:
- An updated CV
- A cover letter that speaks to:
- The reason for your application and why you are leaving your current role.
- Your base salary expectations.
- Your earliest possible start date
- only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- direct applicants only - no Agency referrals.
In accordance with Child Protection legislation all people seeking child-related employment are required to complete a 'Working with Children' Check clearance prior to employment. Please see www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au for further information