The Selective Mutism Clinic in St Leonards has been providing treatment for children and adolescents with selective mutism and comorbid conditions for over 15 years. We pride ourselves in providing a high standard of evidence-based clinical care to our clients, and all of our psychologists have Doctorate or Masters Degrees in Clinical Psychology.
About the role:
We have a position for a Child Clinical Psychologist or Registrar to work 2-5 days per week providing assessment and treatment for selective mutism in children and adolescents.
The position offers flexibility and independence, clinical support, access to resources, all within a very supportive and nurturing work environment. We value clinicians taking care of themselves, enjoying their work, and feeling nurtured and supported by the team environment and learning from more experienced team members.
You will provide a high-quality service to children within the bounds of your capabilities and experience and be the very best clinician you can be whilst receiving the support to develop your skills over time.
Why join the Selective Mutism Clinic?
· Australian leader in treatment for selective mutism – the clinic provides treatment for selective mutism in Sydney and around Australia, has developed a large number resources for clients and clinicians, and provides regular ongoing training for school teachers, parents, and other health professionals.
· Ongoing referrals – no need to worry about having enough referrals. We have clients ready to book and a steady stream of referrals from various sources including GPs, schools, and the internet.
· Supervision - ongoing individual supervision is provided by the Director and Clinical Psychologist.
· Registrar program – supervision to obtain endorsement as a clinical psychologist is included for registrars.
· Flexibility – work flexible hours if needed to suit your lifestyle, with no requirements for after-hours work. Work via video or face-to-face during lockdown, at the office or at home.
· Support – full administrative support is provided in a virtually paperless office with great practice management software
· Marketing – no need for marketing, we do it all for you
· Resources – you will have access to a wealth of physical and electronic clinical resources and tests
· Great team – we have an awesome team of psychologists with a wealth of experience between us. Work alongside our psychologists who work for MindBox Psychology – our general practice for adults and children
· Facilities and location – beautiful offices in a new building above a plaza in the hub of St Leonards and very close to trains and buses
Skills and experience you will need to join us:
· Masters or Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology
· Full registration with AHPRA
· Solid training in CBT and other evidence-based treatments
· A passion for working in private practice with a collaborative, like-minded team
How to apply:
If you would love to become a part of our fabulous team and meet the above criteria please email a cover letter and C.V. to the Director / Clinical Psychologist, Elizabeth Woodcock, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the practice have a look at our website www.selectivemutism.com.au or contact Elizabeth Woodcock on 02 9438 2511 or email@example.com.