- Adult mental health rehabilitation service – community setting
- Ongoing part time position
- Join a values based organisation with myriad learning and career opportunities
About Eastern Health
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We are a values-based organisation committed to research and teaching, and have strong affiliations with Australia’s top universities. We provide a comprehensive range of high quality acute, sub-acute, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care and community health services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
You are a dynamic clinical psychologist who will, in this role, be a key member of the adult mental health program, rehabilitation stream. This role will see you working in our Community Care Units (CCUs) and Mobile Support Teams (MSTs).
You will be part of a highly dedicated multi-disciplinary team incorporating medical, nursing, clerical and allied health professionals. We strive to ensure a range of high quality, psychology interventions are provided to assist people to achieve their recovery goals, leading an improved quality of life.
The position is based at East Ringwood, on the Bona Street site where both the MST and CCU are located. We are close to public transport, shops, and within walking distance of Maroondah Hospital. You are required to have a full Australian driver’s licence
You are an experienced psychologist keen to dive into an interesting and dynamic role. You have full AHPRA registration, and have the ability to:
- Provide high quality comprehensive clinical psychology and mental health assessment, treatment, risk assessment and consultation services with relevant others.
- Provide psychology knowledge and skills to the multi-disciplinary team and give advice to staff on psychology outcomes and strategies, including psychology-specific assessments.
- Provide high quality psychology clinical services working in partnership with consumers and carers of the Community Care Unit and Mobile Support Teams
- Possess knowledge of, and the ability to provide, effective interventions for consumers with co-occurring mental health and substance use problems (dual diagnosis) as a core component of the clinical role.
- Contribute to ‘best practice’ multidisciplinary teamwork that is evidence based.
- Ensure that Eastern Health’s objectives are upheld and that the standards, practice guidelines and legal requirements are adhered to and/or implemented.
- Provide recovery orientated interventions using the Collaborative Recovery Model
- Promote the principles and practice of service coordination to ensure that consumers are at the centre of service delivery and receive a timely, coordinated response to their health and social needs.
- Practice in accordance with the recovery principles as outlined in the ‘Framework for recovery-oriented practice” (Department of Health 2011).
- Actively contribute to team planning and development activities within CCU's as well as the broader service.
- Demonstrate advanced verbal and written communication skills in all professional domains of practice.
- Work within the professional standards, codes and behaviours that are legislated through the relevant professional bodies and Eastern Health Policy, Standards and Practice Guidelines.
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
With a strong commitment to research and teaching, we offer many professional development opportunities, and our online learning platform, iLearn, holds a wealth of information to assist you with your ongoing learning and development. In addition, we offer discounted private health insurance, a variety of leave options, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Applicants will be shortlisted as received; apply today.
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence