- Work within an established forensic mental health team
- Experience a supportive work environment with ongoing professional development
- Support mental health consumers with forensic presentations
Outstanding opportunity for a full time role as Forensic Clinical Specialist to improve the forensic capabilities within the Mental Health Program.
Acknowledging the vital role they play in providing healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supports the WHO 2021 International Year of Health and Care Workers.
About Monash Health
Monash Health provides a world of healthcare across south eastern Melbourne, uniquely integrating primary, secondary and tertiary health services as well as world-renowned research and teaching facilities. We employee more than 18,000 staff who work across 40 care locations. In Monash Health your own growth and development is important and with us you can really be your best. For more information please visit www.monashhealth.org.
About the Mental Health Program
Monash Health Mental Health Services provides a range of community, bed-based and other services covering the Casey, Cardinia, Greater Dandenong, Kingston and Monash LGAs – a population of nearly one million. It has an operational budget of $130 million and employs approximately 820 EFT, representing over 1000 staff.
Psychology and Specialist Services (PsySS) in the Mental Health Program runs a number of programs across Monash Health including the Forensic Mental Health team. The Forensic Clinical Specialists aim to strengthen the forensic expertise within the Mental Health program and develop the capabilities of the Mental Health program including coordinating care and treating mental health patients with forensic backgrounds.
You are an experienced, energetic and determined in the clinical work you have undertaken within mental health and forensic settings
You’re serious about clinical assessment and providing evidence supported treatments. You work collaboratively and think flexibly about what interventions may assist each individual and keep the safe. Your track record includes demonstrated success in the following areas:
- Undertaking structured risk assessments to assist the Mental Health program in diagnosis, formulation and treatment planning
- Undertaking clinically effective treatments with individuals
- Proven ability to develop and implement comprehensive management plans including behavioural plans across a variety of settings
- A commitment to access and service provision in public mental health
- Provision of supervision to staff and post-graduate students
- Previous experience in continuous improvement including measuring clinical effectiveness, and undertaking quality and research initiatives
You are highly motivated and thrive on the challenge of supporting and developing clinical programs. Naturally you have strong written and verbal communication skills, you are a team player, and possess well developed negotiation and influencing abilities that will be used in working with internal and external stakeholders involved with identified individuals.
What you need:
- Current general registration with AHPRA- except social work
- Working with Children’s Check
- Forensic or Clinical Endorsement with AHPRA -Psychology only
- AHPRA registration (where applicable)
- Necessary credentials to supervise staff and students
- 10 years or more of proven clinical experience
What’s in it for you?
- Genuine career opportunity to influence and shape the development of a public mental health service
- Support, mentoring and development from a highly experienced and well regarded leadership team
- Satisfaction derived from embedding into a service and supporting the development of forensic mental health competencies amongst mental health staff and other stakeholders.
- As an employee of the largest public health service in Victoria, you will have access to salary packaging, onsite staff car parking and gym and a generous Employee Assistance Program.
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
To view the full position description and to APPLY NOW, click here