- Newly created Family Clinician role to provide mental health care for young people and families/carers at YPARC, based in Parkville
- This is an exciting time of growth in youth mental health – make a big impact!
- Part-time ongoing opportunity | Flexibility and work-life balance
Orygen Specialist Programs (OSP), a program of Melbourne Health, provides mental health services for young people aged 15 to 25 and focuses on providing early intervention to young people with severe and complex mental illness.
The Orygen Youth Prevention & Recovery Care (YPARC) is a pivotal sub-acute program supporting young people transition to the community from inpatient psychiatric care, or to intervene early and prevent further deterioration that may lead to inpatient psychiatric care. YPARC will also support young people with substance-use issues.
Your new role:
We have some exciting new opportunities within a newly purpose-built YPARC centre. As a Family Clinician, you will:
- Work with YPARC team to provide evidence-based brief interventions to young people and their families/carers
- Provide comprehensive mental health services that are youth friendly, family inclusive, high-quality and evidence informed Provide education and training support for staff across YPARC
- Participate in clinical case review meetings and multidisciplinary team meetings to ensure appropriate, consistent and coordinated service pathways and service delivery response for young people and their families/carers
- Relevant registration and qualifications – including training in family/systems therapy and/or approved qualifications in family therapy, mediation or equivalent
- Experience in developing and delivering group programs for families/carers, including family support groups
- Previous experience working in acute or sub-acute mental health or residential services
Benefits of working with Orygen Specialist Programs:
- Join us during this incredibly exciting time of growth and change - career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team
- Salary packaging, onsite car parking and, close to public transport
RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
If you are looking for a challenging role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.