Catalyst Psychology has great opportunities for wonderful, enthusiastic, and professional Psychologists to join our private practice team. We are a group of 7 psychologists who work with children, adolescents, young adults, parents and adults. The team consists of General, Counselling, Clinical and Ed/Dev Psychologists. We have a longstanding practice in Knox and a newly-established practice in Malvern. The positions would suit Psychologists who want to be part of a friendly, flexible and supportive practice at either site. We have part time face-to-face positions available.
Your role will be:
· Planning and providing evidenced-based psychological therapy to children, adolescents, and their parents presenting with a range of issues (required). Typical presentations include mild-moderate mental health issues, separation and loss, adjustment issues, social/relationship issues, mild behavioural issues, developmental disorders and health issues. We are happy to support you with your areas of interest. Work with young adults and adults is also available if desired.
· Planning and providing social skills training, learning skills training, emotion regulation, behavioural management and parenting training to neurodivergent children and adolescents, mainly through NDIS funding (optional).
· Conducting formal psychometric assessments of Autism including through WISC, WIAT, ADOS assessments etc and providing specific recommendations for the patient’s learning and development (optional).
In addition, you will be:
· Adhering to Medicare and NDIS reporting and billing requirements.
· Maintaining electronic patient files.
· Liaising with and coordinating care with other professionals, including GPs, Paediatricians, Allied Health staff and Teachers.
· Linking patients and their families into other services.
· Adhering to ethical standards and AHPRA guidelines.
· Supporting business growth and development of services.
We are looking for a Psychologist who has:
· Eligibility for Medicare Rebates in early 2022.
· Registration with AHPRA.
· Working with Children Check.
· Ability to work freely in Australia.
· A positive attitude and a down to earth manner.
· The ability to work independently, proactively and collaboratively as part of a team.
· The ability to engage a range of clients across the developmental span and their families.
· Experience with assessment and treatment of Autism, social skills and neurodevelopmental disorders is an advantage.
· Prior experience working in Private Practice an advantage.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to impart technical and complex information.