Experienced Perinatal Psychiatrist to work at
Gidget House North Sydney and/or via Telehealth
We offer an immediate or flexible start date, client sourcing and administrative support. No rental or overheads contribution is required.
About Gidget Foundation Australia:
Gidget Foundation Australia (GFA) is a not-for-profit organisation that supports the emotional wellbeing of expectant and new parents to ensure those in need receive timely, appropriate, and supportive care.
“Gidget” was the nickname of a vibrant young mother who tragically took her own life while suffering postnatal depression. She hid her suffering from even her loving family and friends. Together, they created Gidget Foundation Australia determined that what happened to Gidget would not happen to others.
GFA’s perinatal (conception to one year postpartum) clinicians (Psychologists, Social Workers and Mental Health Nurses) provide a wide range of individual, couple, group and parent-infant therapies to women and their partners experiencing, or at risk of developing, perinatal depressive, anxiety and trauma or stressor-related disorders. Pre-conception counselling is also available, and support is provided to women and their partners who have experienced a pregnancy or childbirth-related loss, e.g. stillbirth, miscarriage or termination.
We’re looking for an experienced consultant Perinatal Psychiatrist to deliver clinical services for patients at Gidget House North Sydney and/or via telehealth. GFA’s clinicians often identify patients as requiring formal psychiatric assessment and support and the role of the consultant Perinatal Psychiatrist would be to provide these services.
The service is delivered through Medicare’s Better Access initiative and the remuneration for all clinicians is therefore the affiliated Medicare Rebate. The Foundation offers:
· A part-time contractor position.
· Centralised appointment booking and management.
· Opportunity to work in perinatal mental health and early intervention.
· Professional development opportunities.
· Proficiency in comprehensive psychiatric assessments (perform evaluation, take detailed medical history, provide formulation and diagnosis, or complete a medication review) relevant to expectant and new parents with perinatal mental health issues.
· Fellow of The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatry and AHPRA registration.
· At least 3 years’ experience working with perinatal patients within a framework of trauma-informed care.
· Ability to work independently and also collaboratively with GFA Clinical Team Leaders and Clinicians.
· Be available for discussion and supervision of complex cases upon request.
· Offer professional development for GFA Clinicians.
· Provide an initial assessment for GFA patients and a follow-up session as well as completing required paperwork for associated health professionals.
· Provide two bulk-billed assessments per fortnight or month.
· Demonstrable ability to connect with and provide compassionate care for patients.
· Passion for perinatal area of work.
· Willingness to provide these services as bulk-billed as per Gidget Foundation Australia model.
· Experience working with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities would be an advantage.
Please submit cover letter with your resume to [email protected].
Referees will be sought upon short list completion.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions at Gidget Foundation Australia.
Gidget Foundation Australia is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Gidget Foundation Australia COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.