ConsulPsych encourages Jung and old psychologists to apply. "Why this job, and not one of The Big 5?", I hear your superego asking. You can reassure your superego that applying for this job will not send you down the wrong WAIS. So, don’t be in a Hayes and ACT now!
At ConsulPsych we have fun whilst taking psychology seriously.
ConsulPsych is seeking the services of a Clinical Psychologist/Clinical Psychology Registrar/General Psychologist interested in working anywhere between 1 and 4 days per week.
Hours and days of work are flexible. We are cater to most timetables as we have a furnished room ready for the right person. The role of the psychologist is to provide psychological therapy and assessment to individuals referred to ConsulPsych. The role also includes report writing and some administrative duties.
The clinic directors have strong connections with various medical centres, hospitals and psychiatrists in the South East region. This equates to a diverse workload with ample opportunities to grow.
ConsulPsych is also registered with the Blue Hub pilot program which provides mental health assessment, treatment and streamlined support services for Victoria Police and Victoria-based members of AFP. Consequently, expertise and a passion for working with those living with trauma/PTSD would equate to a full caseload immediately.
ConsulPsych is a newly established and rapidly expanding psychology clinic located in the South East region of Melbourne. Our journey began as a part-time online business during the lockdown period. In early 2022 ConsulPsych found its home in Mount Waverley and now both directors are working full time, have a significant waitlist and are looking to expand the team.
The practitioners at ConsulPsych work with adults who present with various mental health-related conditions ranging from clinical concerns such as Depression, Anxiety, Personality Disorders, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Chronic Pain to problems such as workplace stress and relationship issues. ConsulPsych offers a range of evidence-based therapies depending on the client’s presentation and goals of treatment.
ConsulPsych’s values include clinical excellence, integrity, hard work, fun and, of course, helping clients improve their psychological well-being and quality of life.
Benefits of working at ConsulPsych:
- A friendly and supportive team environment.
- Access to group supervision and individual supervision.
- Diverse workload and options for group work
- Regular social catch-ups (not mandatory but fun)
- A family-friendly flexible timetable
- Opportunity to grow with the practice
- Training provided to support competency in providing PTSD treatment (including Prolonged Exposure and Cognitive Processing Therapy) if you are deemed eligible to be a BlueHub practitioner.
What type of practitioner are we looking for?
- An AHPRA registered psychologist
- A psychologist with a client-centred approach coupled with a passion for evidence-based practices.
- Your values align with the company’s values – cultural fit is important for us.
- Ability to register for Medicare, WorkSafe, TAC, DVA and other relevant funding bodies.
- You have/are willing to obtain Professional Indemnity Insurance and a Working with Children Check
- Expertise and/or a strong interest in working with people experiencing trauma and/or chronic pain. However, if you believe you will be a good cultural fit please continue with your application. We welcome and encourage psychologists that can add additional areas to our team.
- Applicants seeking clinical endorsement are welcome to apply.
If you fit the criteria and ConsulPsych appeals to you, please apply using the contact details below.