Hospital Outreach Post suicidal Engagement (HOPE) Service
- Part Time Position working Monday to Sunday, AM/PMs
- Located at Northern Hospital, Epping
- An exciting opportunity to join the HOPE Service in a meaningful role, at Northern Area Mental Health
is a multidisciplinary role and is open to Registered Psychiatric
Nurses, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and Psychologists
Life With Us:
- The HOPE Service is a new initiative
established at North West Area Mental Health Service (NWAMHS) - one of
the largest providers of Mental Health Services in Victoria
- We are a multidisciplinary workforce of skilled and dynamic clinicians and consumer/carer advisors
- We provide brief enhanced support and
assertive outreach to people leaving our emergency department and
inpatient units following treatment for suicidal ideation and/or a
Your new role:
- Provide clinical expertise within the
HOPE service with respect to the provision of evidence based
interventions and care coordination post suicide attempt, or suicidal
- Deliver evidence based brief interventions to clients and/or families / significant others
- Contribute to the review system to assess the clients’ progress and facilitate escalation of care if deterioration occurs
- Provide leadership and support to a diverse range of staff
- Expertise in developing and delivering brief therapeutic interventions.
- Strong clinical leadership skills.
- Demonstrated clinical supervision and consultation skills to promote professional competencies.
- Strong liaison and networking skills.
- Interest and expertise in the area of suicide prevention.
- Collaborative, responsive and empathic.
Benefit of working with us:
- We are a values based organisation. A
career with us is a rewarding experience offering great prospects for
career diversity and professional advancement
- Supportive environment with access to Professional Development through our Training and Development Unit
RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and
equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to
feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best
every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds,
abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider
adjustments to support such applications.
If you are looking for a challenging role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check.
Successful applicants will be required
to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19
Vaccination prior to commencement.