- Senior psychology role with leading private healthcare service
- Work with a collaborative and engaged multidisciplinary team
- 12 month parental leave position based in Brighton
We are excited to offer a sought-after Senior Psychologist (Clinical/Health) position in the Psychology Department at Epworth Rehabilitation at our Brighton Campus. In this part time (0.6EFT) 12-month parental leave position you will provide psychological services to clients undertaking inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation for a broad range of health conditions. The varied caseload includes providing psychological assessments and intervention for both individual and group patients. You will also contribute to leadership activities of the psychology department including liaising with other disciplines and supervising Grade 2 psychologists and students.
You will make an impact by:
- Using your exceptional clinical skills to determine and deliver appropriate psychological interventions for patients which contribute to their health and well-being
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate standards of practice relating to patient admission, assessment, treatment, family liaison and discharge planning
- Providing clinical leadership by demonstrating well-consolidated skills and implementing evidence-based practice
- Collaborating with the senior leadership team to provide supervision and performance development support for junior psychology staff, registrars and students as per the supervision and leadership structures of the department
- Coordinating service provision and development for the psychology team as appropriate for the needs of the site and patient mix
To be successful in this role…
You will have
- Advanced psychological assessment and intervention skills
- Proven leadership and collaborative qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A Masters or Doctoral degree in Clinical or Health or Counselling Psychology
- General psychologist registration with AHPRA with endorsement in Clinical or Health or Counselling Psychology
- Registration as a Board approved supervisor with AHPRA
At Epworth, everybody matters.
It’s the sense of belonging and being part of an organisation that puts the patient in the centre of all that is done. In addition to this, you will have access to:
- Salary packaging benefits of $15,900 p.a plus $2,650 meals and entertainment allowance
- Access to Epworth scholarship program
- Zero or reduced out-of-pocket expenses for health services at Epworth
- Discounted private health insurance
About Rehabilitation & Mental Health
Epworth’s Rehabilitation and Mental Health services are some of the most progressive of their kind in Australia. Our clinical approach involves individualised treatment and collaborative team decision-making to achieve outstanding outcomes for patients. We have forged a strong team ethos across our four campuses in Richmond, Hawthorn, Camberwell and Brighton.
At Epworth, we care.
We care about our patients and we care about our people. We care about keeping everyone safe. We care about valuing and empowering our people, and growing careers. And we care about giving our people support and flexibility to thrive, and contribute to our communities
Enquire/ Apply for this Position
Sound interesting? To apply, click the APPLY button now and attach your CV and cover letter.
For more information, refer to the attached position description or contact Adam McKay at [email protected]
As a result of Coronavirus (COVID-19), it is a condition of employment with Epworth HealthCare, subject to reasonable exemptions, that you have had COVID-19 vaccinations, including where recommended by public health authorities and booster vaccinations.
As a child safe organisation, all successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by Epworth) and hold a valid employee Working with Children Check (provided by you).
At Epworth, we believe inclusion and diversity are essential to our culture and values. We focus on fairness and opportunity for all – across race, ability, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, cultures and beliefs – that reflect the communities we work in. At Epworth, we care.