“Full citizenship for all people living with mental health issues in Australian society”
About the Role:
- Casual Position
- Health Professional and Support Services Award Level 2 + Salary Packaging + Super
- After-Hours Monday – Friday 4pm to 10pm
The Walk in After Hours Service aims to improve mental health outcomes and mental health care experiences for people presenting with low acuity mental health symptoms and/or associated difficulties and their carers/families that requires more than telephone contact but may not require hospital presentation for assessment.
The Walk in After Hours Service will provide comprehensive mental health assessment and recovery focused support services in the sociable after-hours period that complement, and link with existing mainstream primary and secondary mental health services available in the in hours period as well as acute mental health services provided through the Southern Adelaide Local Health Network.
The Mental Health Clinician will be responsible for:
- Undertaking comprehensive clinical mental health assessments
- Providing brief solution focused therapy and counselling sessions
- Undertaking immediacy planning, referral, service linkages, appointment arrangement and follow-up, including for consumers presenting with prodromal symptoms, early warning signs of serious mental illness
- Providing education and information.
- Qualified in one of the following disciplines and membership to associated professional body; Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, or Mental Health Nursing.
- Social Workers – Registered member of the AASW and have AASW accreditation.
- Current Working with Children Check and Vulnerable Person Check
- Australian Working Rights
- Drivers licence
- Police check (refer to PD) – disclosable outcomes considered
- At all times maintain annual registration requirements with appropriate registration authority (AASW, AHPRA) including registration standards and continuing professional development (CPD).
- Neami National will require, as part of our condition of employment, that all candidates applying for any position must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Candidates will be required to provide appropriate evidence of COVID-19 vaccination to Neami National
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
How to apply
The terms and conditions of the role are listed in the position description.
If you have any further questions not addressed in the advertising words or position description, please contact:
Linda Sims – Mental Health Clinical Services Manager: [email protected] or Mob: 0427 798 686
Application Closing Date: 31 August 2022
We celebrate multidisciplinary teams and value the rich skills and experiences brought by applicants from a range of sectors and professional backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply