Employment Type: Permanent Full Time, 38 hours per week or Part Time, up to 22 hours a week
Location: Macarthur Mental Health Centre
Position Classification: Occupational Therapist Level 1/2, Social Work Level 1/2, Registered Nurse, Psychologist
Requisition ID: REQ330647
Application Close Date: 21/08/2022
Remuneration: Dependent on Qualifications
Occupational Therapist Level 1/2 - $33.17 - $48.06 per hour
Social Work Level 1/2 - $33.17 - $48.06 per hour
Registered Nurse - $33.13 - $46.51 per hour
Psychologist – $35.04 - $52.08 per hour
To be eligible for permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have an Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency.
About The Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity to join a diverse team focusing in Peri-infant Mental health (PIMHS), you will be based at our Macarthur Community Health Centre (CHC).
Our Multidisciplinary team consists of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social workers, Registered Nurses/Midwives and Clinical Nurse Consultants. We are supportive and encouraging of each other and will welcome new colleagues openly. We provide ongoing therapy and assertive case management to our consumers who live with a moderate to severe mental illness.
Do you have experience in assessing and providing therapeutic interventions to the acutely unwell mother? And working on the Mother-infant attachment/bond? Apply now!
Life at South Western Sydney Local Health District is rewarding, progressive and diverse and is always focused on achieving our Vision of Leading Care, Healthier Communities.
What you'll be doing
The Mental Health Professional is responsible for providing evidence-based, strengths focused, recovery orientated assessment and treatment within a multi-disciplinary team and coordinating consumers’ recovery plans. The role is also responsible for non-clinical tasks including participation in quality improvement activities, clinical supervision and participation in administrative responsibilities as required.
Where You'll Be Working
At South Western Sydney Local Health District we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, where we don’t just accept differences but we honour and support it. Committed to providing a working environment that thrives and values diversity, we encourage people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background and people with a disability to apply.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please ensure you address the selection criteria as thoroughly as possible.
- Relevant qualifications as a Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Psychologist currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), or qualified Social Worker eligible for registration with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW), or CSU Graduates: Bachelor of Health Science (Mental Health).
- Demonstrated relevant training and experience in providing evidence based, strengths focused, recovery orientated assessment and treatment, as well as therapy in the perinatal/postnatal period (eg. Marte Mao, Circle of Security, CBT, DBT etc).
- Demonstrated commitment to the philosophy and practice of consumer’s families and natural supports participating within the treatment process, as appropriate and in accordance with the NSW Mental Health Act 2007.
- Effective interpersonal skills, problem solving skills and personal resilience.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills and competence in the use of information technology systems.
- Ability to work independently and in consultation with the multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of and the demonstrated ability to implement the quality improvement process.
- Current unrestricted Australian drivers licence (P2 Licence Acceptable) subject to obtaining NSW drivers licence within 3 months of appointment.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
Interview Date Range: 24/08/2022 – 31/08/2022