- New funding stream - come and join us!
- Seeking enthusiastic and dedicated mental health clinicians to join Victoria's largest mental health triage service
- RPN 3 and 4, Allied Health 2 and 3 roles available.
- Multiple roles available, in both part time and full time capacities
Life With NWMH / RMH Mental Health Services Triage:
Triage has been established for 13 years and is the largest mental health triage service in Victoria. Operated by RMH and providing services to multiple hospital and health services in metropolitan Melbourne.
Triage also operates a number of statewide clinical services to support the work of Victoria Police, Minister for Mental Health and the Department of Premier and Cabinet.
We provide a single point of entry and deliver a timely and consistent response to those requiring mental health service.
Our Triage Service is a crucial function at the interface between the community and mental health services. The service is accessible, comprehensive, and responsive to the needs of service users, their carers, supporters and families.
As a Mental Health Triage Clinician, you will work collaboratively with the area mental health service providers. All contacts to Triage will be operated via the telephone and email system and is a 24-hour a day, 7 days a week service.
This is an office based role.
Your new role:
- Undertake initial phone risk and mental state assessments and document as appropriate
- Telephone screen referrals to the service by making succinct and appropriate assessment of the needs of the individual and application of the Department of Health statewide triage scale.
- Liaise with and provide information to community agencies, GPs families and carers
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across all RMH teams
- Pet positive workplace
This is a multidisciplinary role and is open to mental health clinicians; Registered Psychiatric Nurses (RPN 3 & 4), Occupational Therapists (OT 2 & 3), Social Workers (SW 2 & 3) and Clinical / Neuro / Forensic Psychologists (P 2 & 3).
- Clinical experience in a range of clinical mental health settings with highly developed mental health assessment skills.
- A commitment to providing high-level customer service with a consumer focused approach
- Demonstrate the capacity for initiative and work appropriately with limited direction
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
Please note: recruitment is ongoing, with interviews commencing as soon as suitable applications are received. Advertising may cease prior to the closing date.
Please state in your cover letter which role you are applying for.
If you are looking for a diverse and fulfilling clinical role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us via the details below.
For a confidential discussion and to make enquiries about the role, please contact:
Kirsty Barger (Manager) 0439 825 478
Alison Naughton (Team Leader) 0427 905 065
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check, and where applicable, Working With Children Check (WWCC). All RMH employees are required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment including evidence of vaccination against COVID-19 (3 doses) prior to commencement. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19.