- Ongoing full-time or part-time opportunities
- A clinical leadership role within our Mental Health inpatient unit
- Build your career within a supportive, passionate team
Casey Hospital Adult Acute Mental Health Unit Ward E - Associate Nurse Manager (Full Time and Part Time positions available)
About the Role
In this leadership role you will work with adult inpatient consumers with varying degrees of acute psychiatric or mental illness and/or drug and alcohol dependency problems. You will be a recognised member of the psychiatric care team, and at any time you would be providing primary nursing care to five patients in a case management model, while also leading nurses on the shift. Our Inpatient unit at Casey Hospital is truly a great place to work with opportunities to develop your career:
- We have capacity for up to 5 High Dependency beds and another 5 designated beds for step down, transitional level of care to support comprehensive discharge planning and community engagement where possible, before discharge.
- Consumers remain in the unit until they have recovered to the point where they can be treated effectively and safety in the community.
- Our work is supported by a specialised multidisciplinary team, comprehensive community mental health services (including Mental Health Hospital in the Home) and welfare support services.
- Collaboratively we provide a range of therapeutic interventions and programs available to consumers and their families to learn more about the impact of the illness, explore ways to better manage the illness, improve coping strategies and move towards recovery.
A Day in the Life
Ward E is a part of Monash Health Mental Health Services, and is currently a 30 bed, well established unit that is known for its high performing and supportive culture. Its implementation of Safe wards is among the best, and our seclusion rates are among the lowest in the state. Its focus on quality services to consumers supporting access and flow have attracted many compliments from consumers and their families and carers.
What You Bring
As a motivated and experienced Psychiatric Nurse, you possess a patient-centred approach and demonstrate a commitment to recovery focused care. You are an innovative thinker and are always looking for ways to improve service delivery. You can also demonstrate a keen understanding of the Mental Health Act (2014) as it relates to delivering holistic patient care. You are a natural leader and role model for your team while supporting your Nurse Manager.
What You Need:
- Post Graduate Qualification in Mental Health
- Demonstrated experience within an Inpatient Unit or similar
- An understanding of Forensic Mental Health is highly regarded
- Current AHPRA registration
- Relevant working rights/visa
For a confidential discussion and to explore the opportunity further, please call Matthew Parker on 0400 144 884
Monash Health is a great place to work!
Our employees enjoy a range of benefits including:
- salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay
- a comprehensive Health and Wellbeing program
- free flu vaccinations
- private health insurance at discounted rates
- health imaging services
- + more
Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service and proudly provides healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire lifespan from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers. More than 22,000 people work at over 40 care locations across south-eastern Melbourne. We recognise the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles and iCare values.
How to Apply
Applications are only accepted that are submitted via the Monash Health online Mercury System (e-recruit).
To view the full position description and to APPLY NOW, click here