- Fantastic leadership opportunity for nurses looking to enhance their skill set
- Ongoing opportunities for growth and professional development
- Uphold Monash Health's iCARE values while we help you grow
About Monash Health
Monash Health provides a world of healthcare across south eastern Melbourne, uniquely integrating primary, secondary and tertiary health services as well as world-renowned research and teaching facilities. We employee more than 22,000 staff who work across 40 care locations. In Monash Health your own growth and development is important and with us you can really be your best. For more information please visit www.monashhealth.org.
Monash Health is excited to announce a position for; an enthusiastic and bright applicant for an Associate Nurse Unit Manager position on a full time basis at the Kingston Centre located in Cheltenham, Vic.
- This position offers you the opportunity to lead and support the Nurses and Multidisciplinary team that make up the dynamic team at Biala with the guidance from the Nurse Manager
- Your role will allow you to be an integral part of the Multidisciplinary team that care for our patients’ aged 65 and over, as they go through their holistic journey of recovery and be active in ongoing assessment and discharge planning
- We also offer enviable Professional and Leadership development opportunities
- You will have the opportunity to not only add to your own Nursing Portfolio but have ample opportunities’ to lead the future Mental Health nurses as they grow and develop on the ward; this includes Nursing Gradates, Students and RUSON's
- Monash Health plays a leading role in providing healthcare to our community and is a proud partner and supporter of WHO 2020 International
About our Mental Health Services at Monash Health:
Monash Health Mental Health Services provides a range of community, bed-based and specialist services covering the Casey, Cardinia, Greater Dandenong, Kingston and Monash LGAs – a population of nearly one million. It has an operational budget of $130 million and employs approximately 820 EFT, representing over 1000 staff. The Program has a number of clinical units including three adult units (Casey, Dandenong and Clayton), an Early in Life Mental Health Service (comprising Perinatal & infant, child, and adolescent services), Young Persons’ Mental Health Service, Psychology and Specialist Services (PsySS), Drug & Alcohol service and Gender Dysphoria Clinic.
About The Role
In this Clinical Leadership positions, the ANUM will work closely with the Nurse Manager to ensure the provision of safe and effective care as well as assist with the efficient management of the Aged Acute Ward. The ANUM will also play an integral role in supporting staff and managing patient flow in order to optimise timeliness of care, holistic care, and efficient discharge planning along with the support of the Aged Persons Mental Health Team that work in collaboration to ensure community follow up.
You have been developing your management and leadership skills or you are an accomplished Associate Nurse Manager; either way, you are ready to take this next step in your Career. You lead by example, thrive working in a dynamic, fast paced environment and are truly passionate about delivering a high standard of evidence based nursing care to all patients. You are an advocate of Monash Health’s Strategic Guiding Principles.
You Are Also:
- committed to a leadership & mentoring role
- dedicated to safe best practice & quality care
- committed to delivering patient centred care & a patient advocacy
- enthusiastic, compassionate & able to work collaboratively
- excited to be accountable for and manage specific portfolios in our relentless pursuit of excellence
What You Need:
- Relevant Qualification (aligned to position description)
- Demonstrated experience (aligned to position description noting no reference to years of experience)
- Current AHPRA registration
- Include any other mandatory/required skills or licenses
- Australian working rights
What We Offer:
- access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand your acute clinical skills & knowledge base
- avenues to further develop your leadership & project management skills
- mentorship & career guidance
- support to attend relevant forums & conferences
- a supportive learning environment, should you wish to undertake postgraduate studies
In addition, you will have access to benefits including salary packaging to increase your take-home pay, access to onsite staff car parking and gym, uniform and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
How to Apply
Applications are only accepted that are submitted via the Monash Health online Mercury System (e-recruit).
To view the full position description and to APPLY NOW, click here